Château de Verderonne,
Dates: August 7, 2014 – August 20, 2014
Extended Deadline: June 15, 2014
The Cambridge Writers’ Workshop Annual Yoga & Writing Retreat will be held from August 7 -20, 2014 at the Château de Verderonne in Picardy, France, located approximately 50 miles north of Paris. The conference features workshops in poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction, as well as craft of writing seminars, art classes, free time to write, and daily yoga and meditation classes. Writers of all genres and levels are welcome. Yoga practitioners of all levels are also welcomed (we have experience adapting the yoga sequences to meet the level of beginner-advanced participants). Participants are encouraged, but not required, to bring their own long-term projects to work on. Whether writers are beginners or advanced, CWW workshops have a history of success in generating new writing.
Optional excursions to Paris and Chantilly are also available to participants. The faculty includes poets Rita Banerjee and Diana Norma Szokolyai, fiction writer Jessica Reidy, and yoga instructor Elissa Lewis. The cost of the conference is $3,200, which includes lodging, meals, writing workshops, yoga classes and transportation to and from the airport.
* Note: Thank you to all the writers, artists, musicians, and yoga practitioners who joined us for our 3rd annual Yoga & Writing Retreat in France. You can check out the photo galleries of our 2014 Yoga & Writing Retreat, and our daily activities at the Chateau de Verderonne as well. Thanks to Rita Banerjee, Diana Norma Szokolyai, Elissa Lewis, Victor Pachas, Jessica Reidy, and Megan Tilley for their live updates from the 2014 summer program below:
Summer 2014 Class Schedule:
Writers from all countries are welcomed to apply for the Cambridge Writers’ Workshop 2014 Yoga & Writing Retreat at the Château de Verderonne in Picardy, France.
Writers who produce work in the genres of poetry, fiction, non-fiction, playwriting, and mixed- genre are welcomed to apply. Writers should submit between 5-10 pages of creative work for review.
Yoga practitioners who have writing goals are also encouraged to apply. If you have any questions about the writing sample or are worried about not having a writing sample, please email the CWW Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call (917) 830-4748, and we will address any questions or concerns.
With each application, writers should include a brief 1-2 page cover letter with the following information:
– Name, Citizenship, Age
– Current and Permanent Mailing Addresses
– Phone Number and E-mail
– Short Biography (150 words or less)
– Publication or creative writing experience
– Website, Blog, or Twitter (Optional)
– Knowledge of French (Optional)
The cover letter should also address the following questions:
1. How did you hear about the CWW Summer Writing/Yoga Retreat in France and why would you like to come on our program?
2. Do you have specific writing projects you would like to work on at the retreat?
3. Do you have any special dietary or physical needs? We will try our best to accomodate you.
A program deposit of $750 will be required to hold your place in the program. There is a nominal $5 screening fee for applications as well. The final tuition will be due by June 1, 2014. Once accepted into the program, you will then receive a welcome packet with details about the summer program schedule, writing and yoga classes, travel information, and optional excursions.
* Please note: Writers must be of 18 years of age by the start of the program, and if selected for the program, must have a valid passport and/or the necessary visa and health documentation to visit France.